Mail is delivered daily, Monday through Saturday to the mail room in the lobby of the Main Dining Room. Mail will be sorted and placed in student boxes no later than 5 PM daily.
The Mail Center is now located on F-Tower's ground floor. It's the door to the right, in the room labeled F-Hutch. Once inside, take a right to find the mailboxes.
Your Leverett House mailing address is:
(Your Real Name) (Your Mailbox number) Leverett Mail Center 28 DeWolfe St. Cambridge, MA 02138
Check http://www.usps.com/zip4/ for your zip+4 code. Unfortunately, the 4 digit part differs for many of the mailboxes, but including it in your address will help get your mail to you quicker! Note: your room number is not your mailbox number.
You can determine your mailbox # and combo using the Leverett facebook. Click "login" (top right) and after your profile shows up, you will find your mailbox # listed below your ID photo. You can email yourself your combo using the adjacent link.
How to open your mailbox
Your mailbox combo is three numbers X, Y, and Z. To open your mailbox, spin the dial clockwise several times and stop at X. Rotate counterclockwise, passing X then stopping the next time you hit Y. Rotate clockwise to Z, then spin the dial counterclockwise. The locking mechanism then engages and turning the dial unlatches the mailbox.
Apparently, some mailboxes open the opposite way: first counterclockwise, clockwise, counterclockwise, etc.
Forwarding Mail for the Summer
Prior to moving out for the summer:
- Change your address with all correspondents; credit card companies, magazines, friends and family.
- Fill out a mail forwarding card. These cards will be placed in your mailbox in May. You can also change your address ONLINE.
- DO NOT fill out the U.S. Post Office form #3575 to forward mail. See the following link for more detailed information. Mail Forwarding
At that point, packages may be picked up in the Package Room, located off to the right after entering Leverett Library, at all hours Monday through Friday and 4:00 PM to 8:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday, or when the guard's office is staffed. If you have questions regarding this matter, please call the Building Manager's Office at (617) 495-2277.
NOTE: Leverett DOES NOT ship out packages, but you CAN mail out letters.
- If you are mailing letters TO other people (ie. students, faculty, etc) at Harvard University, there is a bin located outside the guard’s office labeled University Mail.
- If you are mailing letters OUT of Harvard University, there is a mailbox located outside the Leverett Library building. Pick-up happens every Monday – Saturday at 1 PM.
The University Students are reminded that all personal property sent to or brought onto University premises, including any mail or parcels, are at the sole risk of the owner. The University assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for articles that are lost, stolen, or left behind.