Reserving the JCR
|return to Facilities|
The JCR is no longer available for meetings.
The Leverett House Junior Common Room (JCR) is the House living room. It is a large room intended for informal gatherings of students. It contains comfortable furniture and a grand piano. Leverett students are encouraged to use it any time, even if a student group is meeting there.
The JCR may also be used for meetings of officially recognized Harvard groups sponsored by participating Leverett students. It can also be reserved by Leverett House organizations with the permission of the Assistant Senior Tutor for House Life. Reservations can be made using the house's room reservation system no more than 72 hours before the event. Only house organizations may make reservations more than 72 hours in advance.
- A JCR reservation does not imply that your group has exclusive use of the space. Individual Leverett students may use the JCR for reading and socializing even while scheduled group events are going on. Groups using the space must be courteous to individual users. If your activity is not consistent with this, you should find some other space.
- The maximum time for a JCR reservation is two hours.
- Email requests for room reservations will not be honored.
- Certain times are regularly blocked out for piano practice (usually M-F 12-6, Sat/Sun 11-1 and 4-6) and for use as a common room in the evenings (6-12 pm).
- Students may not reserve the JCR for any student group that is not a recognized Harvard student organization. The Leverett sponsor is responsible for checking that the organization is recognized.
- Students/groups using the JCR should clean up after themselves and leave the room as they found it. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or loss of reservation privileges.
If you have questions, contact Assistant Senior Tutor for House Life [firstname.lastname@example.org].