Study Break Reimbursement
Resident Handbook |
Prospective Tutor Application |
Prospective Info |
The process for submitting receipts is as follows:
- Please complete this form: Non-Employee Reimbursement Form OR Employee Reimbursement Form.
- Please note that if you are an Employee of Harvard and considered part or full time staff, when you submit your receipts please use the “Universal Expense Form”. You may already be familiar with this form if you are employed here.
- If you are a Non-Employee, not considered full or part-time staff then you fill out the “Non-Employee Reimbursement Form”. Most tutors are non-employees. Some also are employed by Harvard. Please check with JoAnn if you are not sure.
- Please include your Harvard ID, name method of payment etc. JoAnn will add the Web Voucher number.
- In “Business purpose” you will indicate the who, what, where, when and why and the date of the event of the event. Study break reimbursements would, for example, say: “Food & Supplies, Study break, in F Hutch, for students in G0-4 entries, 3/18/14”. On line #1 would be food; line 2 for supplies. I code these differently so you will still need to indicate food, supplies, zip car, etc. If you have lots of receipts, then fill out a line for each one on the second page under “additional expenses”.
- In "Summary of Expenses" indicate the actual expense and then write "See business purpose for details".
- Please print the form you are required to use and sign it, return it with your original receipts (and copies including a copy of the completed reimbursement form) and I will prepare the final reimbursement form for you to sign.
- Please submit one form for each event or one ‘business purpose” as they say. Again, this is the same procedure you have been using - just new forms.
- Please note that Harvard is tax exempt so please give vendors Harvard's tax exempt form (sent to tutors via e-mail).
- Print and submit the form with original receipts to JoAnn Haas in the House Office as soon as possible but no later than 60 from the date on the receipt.
- On the individual receipts, indicate date of study break or special event, entry involved or other location if JCR, for example, and your name.
- Please make a copy of the receipts and form for our financial records when you drop them off (you may want to keep a copy for you, too). There is a copy machine available in the House Office. There is also a machine in the Library available by entering a code (ask JoAnn Haas for code).
- E-mail JoAnn Haas as soon as you drop off forms and receipts.
- If JoAnn is not in the House Office, please leave them in an envelope with my name on them in the House Office mailbox. JoAnn will prepare them, e-mail you to let you know that they are back in the mailbox awaiting your signature.
- If JoAnn is in the office when you drop them off, I will process your reimbursement in five minutes.
Other reminders: Receipts/Reimbursements are delivered to the Financial Office on Thursday afternoons each week. It is best to drop them off by Wednesday if you need to leave them for JoAnn to prepare for your signature on the final reimbursement form by noon on Thursday.
The Financial Office has created stricter guidelines for reimbursement and all receipts must be submitted to within 60 days of the date on the receipt.