Summer Storage and Moving Out
|return to Facilities|
There is no term-time storage. You must keep everything you bring in your suite. Items (including bicycles) left in hallways, stairways, and basements will be removed and fines may be incurred.
The "move out" deadline is announced in late April in the House Newsletter. Students are typically asked to vacate their suites 24 hours after the College's last scheduled spring term final examination. Seniors and those students who belong to undergraduate organizations given permission from the Dean of Students are allowed to extend their stay through Commencement.
There is no summer storage at Leverett.
Since McKinlock was renovated, Leverett House no longer provides summer storage. The College has negotiated a discounted rate with Collegeboxes for those who wish to use them for storage.
Collegeboxes will take your items away from Leverett after you drop them off at a designated space then they will return to your dorm room in the fall.
We will send out more information near the end of the school year it is never too early to start your storage plan. Again Leverett does not offer storage to any students over the summer. Thanks and Good luck!
Moving Out Guidelines
Following the guidelines below should make moving out a relatively painless experience:
- Send items home as early as possible. Complete information about shipping will be available beginning in April from the Superintendent's office.
- Arrange to have your phone service disconnected.
- If you are returning for the fall term, arrange for phone service before you leave for the summer. Additional applications are available at Office for Information Technology, 10 Ware Street.
- All rooms must be broom clean before vacating the suite.
- Lock your suite door and turn in your keys in the envelope provided.
After vacating your suite, be sure to return your original coded keys to the Leverett House Building Manager's office. An addressed envelope will be provided for you to return your keys. If you do not return all the keys assigned to you, a fine of $15 per key will be added to your term bill.
Change of Address/Mail Forwarding